Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Takes orders for, serves food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To have a full understanding of the configuration of the hotel and GastroBar including fire procedures to always ensure the safety of our team and guests.
• Responsible for supporting the maintenance of the reception at night and the security of the premises to include back office, stairways, restaurant and bar floor, public and staff areas and the meeting room floor.
• Responsible for some cleaning as directed by the manager on duty and as per nightly checklist which may include a setup of a function room or the breakfast area etc.
• Responsibility for the front entrance and outside of the hotel and ensure that it is always clean and tidy. This may include emptying bins, picking up rubbish etc.
• The ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team.
• Availability to work 3-4 nights over a 7-day roster
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
• Upsell food and beverages to guests
• Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed
• Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
• Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
• Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
• Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
• Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
• Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
• Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
• Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
• Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
• Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
• Assist buspersons with stocking and maintaing the resturant par stock levels and side station.
• Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
• Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
• Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
• Close the shift on the POS terminal.
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject "Server Role CV"
Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. The purpose of this position is to interact with the hotel guests and ensure they have a great experience at the BAR or lounge. Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
• Plan and present bar menu.
• Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
• Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
• Service Wine and Beer to guests.
• Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
• Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
• Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
• Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
• Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
• Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
• Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
• Clean up after customers and clean work area.
• Clear ashtrays as and when required.
• Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
• Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
• Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
• Maintain liquor inventory and consumption.
• Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
• Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
• Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
• Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Perform Other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required. Food Handlers Card
Apply with CV to email@example.com with Subject "Bartender Role CV"
Chef de Partie
Benefits – Food on site, Tips, Reward and Recognition, Christmas Off, Back to Bike Scheme, Visa Support and Assistance
We are a boutique 4* hotel and GastroBar based in the leafy suburbs of Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Located just moments from all the city’s top attractions and main shopping areas. As a listed building, the Schoolhouse was established in 1859 and has many of the original architectural features within the 31 individually named guest bedrooms.
Our newly renovated kitchen is headed up by our Michelin trained, Head Chef, Francois Grelet who boasts strong customer reviews and high recognition in the industry. Our menu boasts of many Irish and French classics, seasonally adjusted with daily specials representing the very best of fresh and local produce.
Frequently high scoring customer reviews and a loyal local customer following, make this a restaurant of choice for many discerning customers as well as our hotel guests.
We are looking to hire a Chef de Partie to join our growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity and your responsibilities will include preparing and creating dishes at a high level, offering a high level of customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Qualified to a professional level.
• Excellent Knowledge of HACCP.
• Need to be able to work under pressure
• Well organized and punctual
• Can communicate in English
• Experienced on Hot Section
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter below
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com